Monday, October 31, 2011

Pinching Pennies

I must say this economy has got me really pinching the pennies and Im willing to bet a lot of you are as well.I have never been one to just blow money and always ask myself is this something I really need or even like? Am I still going to wear it a month from now or is it still going to be of good use to me in the future? Although I am like this, I still have to be a bit tighter with the buck more than ever.Anyone that has children will tell you they are not cheap.So one of the ways I cut back is where they are concerned.There are some things they just have to have but you don't always have to spend a fortune on it if you are willing to make a few changes.
  Something I just found out about recently is how to make my own baby wipes.It is working wonderfully and is so much cheaper.I have to give thanks and credit to Homemade Mamas for this
What you need:
  • a round plastic container with a tight-fitting lid , roll of white paper towels ( prefer Viva brand, as it is very thick and strong but also soft and cloth-like)Bounty works fine as well just not as soft..
  • Sharp, serrated knife to cut paper towel roll in half
  • 2 cups water that has been boiled and cooled to room temperature
  • 2 Tbsp. baby shampoo or baby wash
  • 1 Tbsp. baby oil

First, cut your paper towel roll in half and remove the inner cardboard tube.


Then mix your liquid ingredients in container and place one of the paper towel halves inside, cut side down (save the other half for the next time you need to make wipes). Put the lid of the container one tightly and let it sit until all the liquid is absorbed. Next, turn the container upside down and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then turn it right side up, open your container, and "start" your roll by pulling a towel from the center of the roll.
 You have just made baby wipes that will not only clean your baby's skin, but make it feel super-soft as well! Plus, these wipes are way cheaper than commercial brands and don't contain mystery ingredients.You may prefer to make washable, reusable wipes, simply use this solution along with cloth wipes!


I actually started doing something a little different from this and you may like to try this as well.I started putting mine right inside of a cottonel toilet paper cover that has a lid. I like the the cute look of it and it works just as well and takes up less space.These work great for cleaning up small messes as well.The wonderful thing about this is if you have a baby you more than likely already have everything you need on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger