Friday, March 9, 2012

How To Keep Bananas From Ripening too Fast and How To Ripen Them Faster

  My kids love bananas and I used to feel like I could only buy a few at a time because some would go bad before they could get around to eating them all.I was constantly running out and Joseph telling me we needed more bananas.

  When I was working in a produce department at a local grocery store, I discovered a tip from a customer one day.She said just put them in the refrigerator and they will keep up to 2 weeks sometimes.I tried it and it worked like a charm! Instead of just buying a few at a time,I could buy a bunch to last the entire week or more.

  The only catch is the peel will turn brown and look like it is bad but when you open it up,you find a perfect banana.You will want to refrigerate them when the are ripe or however you prefer to eat them.If you like yours green(believe it or not some people do) refrigerate when it is green.

                                      This is a banana that has been refrigrtated about 4 days
Also, I will add if you need your green ones to ripen faster to make that pudding you are wanting asap,put it in a brown paper bag and it will ripen a day faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger