Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh How Fast The Years Go By!

   It's a real eye opener once you get old enough to see kids you used to babysit when they were toddlers graduating high school,getting married and having kids of their own.It's a bit depressing to me at times because it makes me realize that life really is so short.Then I ponder questions like, have I accomplished much of anything so far in my life? I already know my answer,NO! Nowhere near what I should have. We waste so much time on things that really do not matter in the long run.Have we made a difference in any ones life? Have we spent more time worrying instead of trusting God to meet our needs.What kind of impact have we made on our society? How will we be remembered when we are gone?




  James 4:14 KJV says, For what is your life? It is even a vapour,that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.





 When we look back doesn't it really seem to have done just that? Whatever good and meaningful thing we plan to do in this life must be first priority because none of us are promised tomorrow.Even if we live to be 100 years old, it will only seem like yesterday we were young.


  I once heard it preached at a funeral that the dates on the headstone are not what was important in that persons life, but it is the dash in between the year of birth and the year of death that really defined that individual.It was what they did in the time that was given to them between those two dates.The ones they loved and cared for,the time they took to help someone in need,how they conducted themselves on a daily basis,their attitude,kind words,values and their morals.All the really important things in life.It will not matter how much money we made,where we went on vacation or all the possessions we were able to obtain after we are gone.

  
   I think on these things so often because watching my children grow and and learn new things is a constant reminder of how fast the years go by.My son will be 6 soon and it seems like yesterday he was just a little baby .My little girl just slept in her big girl bed last night for the first time.I look down at her in her bed thinking,Lord help me to teach them and guide them in every way that is right in your eyes with such little time to work with.Grant me the wisdom to use my time wisely and be all I can be with the time I am given.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger