Monday, November 14, 2011

Quick and Easy Breakfast Idea


                   

I am always trying to find ways to simplify my life so that I have more time to do the things that are most important to me.Cooking and cleaning is very important but I would rather spend that time with my children.My son especially always has something on his mind and sometimes it gets frustrating trying to keep up with a hundred questions and all of his great ideas while trying to get meals ready and such.Then there is my little Gabriella crawling around my feet,hanging on my skirt tail begging to be held.With all this going on at the same time I can get a bit overwhelmed because I have this over here pressing me to get it done and all the while I really want to be giving my babies that undivided attention the are begging for.I have only just recently started freezing home cooked meals for dinner which has been an awesome help.So today while trying to get everything caught up from the weekend, I was wondering how I could do breakfast ahead of time.I do not like the easy idea of always throwing a bowl of cereal in front of my son before school.We do it once or twice a week but the rest of the week he has a hot breakfast of some kind.So,I came up with the idea of sausage and cheese crescent rolls that I have prepared to- night and can be warmed in the morning.I tried one after they were done and I believe they will be a hit with my semi-picky eater in the morning.They are not all that pretty but was very easy.I will probably try with bacon later.
Sausage & cheese crescent rolls

  • 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls (makes 8)
  •  2 slices of cheese cut into 4 squares (can add more if you like)
  •  8 precooked breakfast link sausages
  1. lay crescent dough out on cookie sheet
  2. put 1 square of cheese on each crescent roll
  3. lay sausage on top and fold dough around cheese and sausage
  4. bake according to direction on can.I did mine at 375 degrees til golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger